Saturday, September 6, 2014

Zucchini Puree

©2014 The Pink Macaroon. All rights reserved.

Saying that I love this recipe is an under statement. I learned it from my mum, of course. It is a very healthy and tasty recipe. It is great for Summer as well as for the Winter. It can be served cold or warm. I personally enjoy it warm. 

I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Bon Appetit!!!

xoxo
❤ Natalia ❤

©2014 The Pink Macaroon. All rights reserved.
Zucchini Puree for four people
6 Medium size Zucchinis
1 Medium size Onion
1 Leak
1 Green Pepper
2 Carrots
1 Small Potato
1 Garlic Clove
2 Tbsp. of Tomato Sauce
2 Cubes of Strong Cheese 
 French bread
Pinch of Salt

Special Equipment:
Fagor Pressure cooker

©2014 The Pink Macaroon. All rights reserved.

I always do all the food preparation first. For this recipe I cut them in cubes, normally medium size, I don't bother with the "looking pretty" part because I am going to puree them after they are cooked.

The only vegetable that I peel is the potato, everything else I make sure I wash it thoroughly, and I start cutting/slicing into medium cubes/pieces. 



©2014 The Pink Macaroon. All rights reserved.

With a spoon of olive oil I slightly caramelize the onions. 








©2014 The Pink Macaroon. All rights reserved

I add the zucchini, carrots, leak, green pepper, garlic, and the potato. I fill the pressure cooker with enough water to almost cover the vegetables. I close the pressure cooker, and set it in number two. Once it starts steaming I leave it for seven minutes.





©2014 The Pink Macaroon. All rights reserved.

While the vegetables are cooking. I fry the French bread in olive oil until they are golden brown. I use some kitchen paper towels to absorb the excess.






©2014 The Pink Macaroon. All rights reserved.
Once the seven minutes have passed, and the pressure cooker is safe to be opened. I check the   amount of water left. If by any chance I realize there is too much water. Then I remove some of it (I don't like my puree to end up like soup). 

I put the cheese and two tbsp. of tomato sauce. I normally use a slice of Swiss Cheese, however if I don't have it. I would use Manchego Cheese, and I mix it well with the vegetables.

©2014 The Pink Macaroon. All rights reserved.

I put the cooked vegetables in the blender, and I add the pinch of salt. I puree it. 
Now.. The Zucchini Puree is ready to serve with some of the fried French bread. 

©2014 The Pink Macaroon. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment